About Nile Valley Herbs
The Nile Valley, where hibiscus flowers have been grown in the rich silt for millennia, produces the world's finest hibiscus tea. That’s where we get the hibiscus flowers for our Nile Valley Hibiscus Tea and Nile Valley Hibiscus Mint Tea.
Whether you're looking for a tasty herbal remedy to lower high blood pressure and cholesterol or a refreshing caffeine-free beverage rich in Vitamin C, hibiscus tea may just be your answer! (Check our Hibiscus Health Benefits page to learn more about hibiscus as a natural remedy for high blood pressure and cholesterol.)
Message from the owner of Nile Valley Herbs
My name is Awad Abdelgadir. I run a small business called Nile Valley Herbs, Inc. We sell our hibiscus and hibiscus mint tea to individual consumers, restaurants, coffeehouses, health food stores, and grocery stores. A part of the proceeds from our sales goes toward implementing projects in my home village and neighboring villages in Nubia.
Some of our projects have been:
- the provision of a clean water supply and distribution system; the entire village now has clean running water for drinking, cooking, bathing, and home gardening
- assistance to the villagers in building a school and contributing annually to school improvement projects
- sending school supplies donated by children in Austin, TX
- the creation of computer labs in 6 elementary schools in 2 villages
- the construction, equipment, and staffing of a health clinic (including pharmacy, laboratory, and ambulance) which serves several villages